Family, Outdoors, Sporting
Charlottetown Yacht Club East Coast Docks Race Week
Thursday, July 12, 2018 (all day)
Celebrating 33 years, Charlottetown Race Week is the premiere sailing regatta on the Northumberland Strait, with 3 days of exhilarating sailboat racing. An exciting event for both sailors and spectators. The regatta will be rounded out with shore activities and entertainment for competitors, spectators and families to enjoy.
Come for the sailing, join the tradition, everyone welcome!
Schedule of Events
Activities in Days leading up to Race Week
- The Charlottetown Yacht Club (CYC) will be a hub of activity leading up to Race Week
- Boats will be arriving from out of province by trailer
- Boats will be lifted by the CYC’s 5 tonne crane into the water (at high tide)
- Crews will be stepping the masts and rigging the boats
- Local boats will be lifted at the crane and cleaning the bottom of the boats
Wednesday, July 11, 2018 – the eve of Race Week!
- Competitors will be doing final rigging and preparing their boats for racing
Thursday to Saturday – 3 days of Exhilarating Racing!
- 8:30 to 10:00am - Crew will be arriving at the CYC, rigging and preparing their boats for Race Day
- 10:00am - Boats will be leaving the CYC for the race course
- 3:00 - 5:00pm - Boats will be returning from the race course
- Thursday Evening: Sailors Reception at the Merchantman’s Out Door Patio. Open to the public at 9:00pm
- Friday Evening: Sailor Night Out at Peaks Quay. Join the fun!
- Saturday Evening: Closing Party at the CYC with “The Wrecking Crew”, Everyone Welcome!
Spectators Viewing Locations for Sailboat Racing
- Charlottetown Yacht Club: On the front lawn or the Lower and Upper Deck
- Queens Wharf: At the foot of Queen Street
- Victoria Park
- Skmaqn-Port-la-Joye-Fort Amherst